Place and date of birth: Budapest, 12 January 1969.
… – 2009: Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science, Eötvös Loránd University (ELTE), Budapest
- 1993 – 1997: PhD student at ELTE. Thesis advisor: Tamás Szőnyi
Title of dissertation: The Rédei Method in Finite Geometry
- 1988 – 1993: Graduate studies in pure mathematics, ELTE
- 1979 – 1987: Miklós Radnóti Grammar School, Budapest
Symmetric structures – lecture
Problem solving in combinatorics – practical course
Enumeration – practical course
Discrete mathematics – lecture and practical course
Extremal combinatorics – lecture
Algebraic methods in combinatorics – lecture
22009 BCC (St Andrews, United Kingdom)
2008 Combinatorics (Costermano, Italy), plenary speaker
2006 Second Irsee Conference (Germany), plenary speaker
1999 BCC (Canterbury, United Kingdom)
2006. János Bolyai Scholarship (from the Hungarian Academy of Sciences)
- On (k,6) graphs arising from projective planes (with T. Héger and Zs. Weiner), Discrete Math. 3 (2008), no. 1, 63-80
- Permutations, hyperplanes and polynomials over finite fields (with T. Héger, Z.L.Nagy and D. Pálvölgyi), Finite Fields And Their Applications 16:(5) 301-314 (2010).
- If a linear code has an extension, then it also has a linear extension (with T. Alderson), Designs, Codes and Cryptography, 53/1 (2009), 59-68.
- On the graph of a function over a prime field whose small powers have bounded degree (with S. Ball), European Journal of Combinatorics, 30 (2009) 1575-1584.
- Directions in AG(2,p^2) (with L. Lovász and T. Szőnyi), Innovations in Incidence Geometry, 6/7 189-201 (2009).
- On geometric constructions of (k,g)-graphs (with T. Héger), Contributions to Discrete Mathematics, 3 (2008) 63-80.
- Complete (q^2-1)-arcs of Q(4,q) (with J. De Beule), Finite Fields and Their Applications, 14 (2008) 14-21.
- On linear combinations of permutation polynomials that are permutation polynomials (with S. Ball, P. Sziklai), Journal of Combinatorial Theory Ser. A 115 (2008) 505-516.
- On linear codes whose weights and length have a common divisor (with S. Ball, A. Blokhuis, P. Sziklai and Zs. Weiner), Advances in Mathematics, 211 (2007) 94-104.
- Random constructions and density results (with T. Szőnyi), Designs, Codes and Cryptography, 47 (2007) 267-287.
- On regular semiovals in PG(2,q), Journal of Algebraic Combinatorics 23 (2006) 71-77.
- On large minimal blocking sets (with A. Cossidente, Cs. Mengyán, A. Siciliano, T. Szőnyi and Zs.Weiner), Journal of Combinatorial Designs 13 (2005) 25-41.
- On the spectrum of minimal blocking sets in PG(2,q) (with T. Szőnyi and Zs. Weiner), Journal of Geometry 76 (2003) 256-281
- On maximal partial spreads in PG(n,q) (with T. Szőnyi), Design, Codes and Criptography 29 (2003) 123-129.
- On (q+t,t) arcs of type (0,2,t) (with Zs. Weiner), Designs, Codes and Cryptography 29 (2003) 131-139.
- On a generalization of Rédei’s theorem, Combinatorica 23/4 (2003) 585-598.
- The Rédei method applied to finite geometry (Ph.D. Thesis), ELTE (1997).
- On the size of the smallest non-classical blocking set of Redei type in PG(2,p), Journal of Combinatorial Theory Ser. A. 89 (2000) 43-54.
- On the structure of a generalization of weakly associative lattices (with P. Sziklai), Ars Combinatoria 62 (2002) 221-226.
- On the number of directions determined by a point set in AG(2,p), Discrete mathematics 208/209 299-309.
- A remark on blocking sets of almost Rédei type, Journal of Geometry 60 (1997) 65-73.
- Two remarks on blocking sets and nuclei in planes of prime order (with: P. Sziklai, T. Szőnyi), Designs, Codes and Cryptography 10 (1997) 29-39.
Tamás Héger (2007-2009), Zoltán Lóránt Nagy (2008-2009), Péter Csikvári (2009)
Bridge, swimming, tennis, chess, listening to music, walking on stilts, reading